Frequently Asked Questions
- What's included?
Our childcare hourly rate includes the following:
- Brilliant childcare and education delivered by a highly motivated team of childcare professionals.
- Your child will be nominated a keyworker who will be your main point of contact during their time with us. Please note that the keyworker will change as your child moves rooms within the setting. The keyworker will produce electronic records which will track your child’s development against the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS). Each family will have access to these records via the internet and may contribute to them.
- Access to our dedicated Special Educational Needs Co-Ordinator (SENCO) who is able to assist where children have been identified as not meeting expected developmental milestones.
- Snacks and refreshments.
- Transport to and from our outing locations.
- How do I apply for a place?
Please contact us to arrange an appointment to look around our setting. No amount of reading can replace a visit to our settings. If you like what you see and you would like to book a place, please complete an application form and return it to the nursery. We will then confirm whether we can offer childcare for the sessions required. Upon receiving confirmation, we will require a copy of your child’s birth certificate or passport, and proof of the families address (a utility bill). The nursery will also invite you into the nursery for an induction to complete all necessary paperwork and to introduce you to the nursery. If there is no availability for your desired sessions you may be offered alternatives, or you can request to go on our waiting list.
- How long is the waiting list?
It is always a good idea to get your child’s name down as quickly as possible, especially if you have specific sessions in mind. Our waiting list varies greatly and we offer our places strictly on a first come first served basis.
- Do you accept Childcare vouchers as payment?
Yes we do, we accept all major childcare vouchers.
- What are your Ofsted Registration numbers?
- When is the nursery open?
Our opening hours are 07.30am – 6pm Monday to Friday We are closed on bank holidays, for one week during the summer holidays and for a week over Christmas. The exact closure dates vary each year according to how the holidays fall. We offer two attendance options “Term time only” (38 weeks per year). Full time (50 weeks per year).
- Are you able to accept 2 year old funded places?
Yes as long as we have availability, up to 570 hours per year. To apply for 2 year old funding visit www.childcarechoices.gov.uk
- Are your staff all qualified?
The majority of our nursery staff hold a level 3 childcare qualification (or are working towards one), to find out more visit Our Staff page
- What are your adult to children ratios?
The staff/child ratio depends on the age of the child. The regulations state the following:
2 to 3 years – 1 staff member to every 4 children
3 to 5 years – 1 staff member to every 8 children
- Do you prepare and cook your own food?
Great question, please see our Food and Mealtimes page for more information.
- How do I know my child will be safe and secure?
We take children's safety and security very seriously and meet all standards required of us by our regulator, Ofsted. During your child's induction to the nursery we will spend time to get to know their needs ensuring that our staff are fully prepared to care for them.